QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA) gives you the ability to undo reconciliations without manually editing individual transactions from within the register.
This feature is exclusive to QuickBooks Online Accountant.
About undoing reconciliations
To undo a reconciliation, you must open the client's company file from QuickBooks Online Accountant, then open the account, locate the reconciliation, and undo it.
|Warning Undoing a reconciliation automatically undoes any reconciliations that come after it chronologically, based on the Reconciled On date.|
Undo a reconciliation
To undo a reconciliation:
- In QuickBooks Online Accountant, select the client from the drop-down list on the Toolbelt to open the client's company file.
Select the Gear icon on the Toolbar.
Under Tools, select Reconcile.
- On the Reconcile an account page, select History by account.
- On the History by account page, select the Account and Report period to locate the reconciliation to undo.
- From the Action column drop-down list, select Undo.
- When prompted to confirm, select Yes.
- In the final confirmation window, select Undo.
The reconciliation is reversed.
To review the steps in action:
Now you know how to undo a reconciliation.