Quickly add, edit or remove client access for a firm team member in just a few steps.

How do I manage which team members can access a client?

1. From the left menu, under Your Practice, select Clients.

2. Select the Name of the client for which you wish to edit access.
  3. Select the Edit client button.
  4. Scroll down to the Team access section.
  5. Add/remove the check-mark for each employee to add/remove access to the client.
  6. Select Save.

Note: In the case that you are removing the access of a team member, who is also a client lead, you may be prompted to assign a new lead for the clients for which the team member is the lead. A team member is a client lead when they are the accountant that was invited to the client's books.

How do I assign a new lead?

1. Choose the drop-down next to the client company's name and select a new team lead.
  2. Once every client has a newly assigned team lead, select Assign.
Note: 
  • If the former client lead is also the Master Administrator, that role will also be transferred to the new lead.
  • If you wish to edit access to all of the firm's clients, for a single team member, you can manage client access from the Edit user screen.

How do I manage which clients a team member can access?

1. From the left menu, select Team under the Your Practice section.

2. Select the Name of the team member you wish to edit.
  3. In the Edit user screen, select the Client Access tab.
  4. Add/remove the check-mark for each client to add/remove access for the team member.
  5. Select Save.

Note: In the case that you are removing the access of a team member, who is also a client lead, you will be prompted to assign a new lead for the clients for which the team member is the lead. A team member is a client lead when they are the accountant that was invited to the client's books.

You now know how to add, edit or remove client access for a team member.