Learn how to update your credit card for your QuickBooks Online subscription.
Updating your credit card information for your QuickBooks Online subscription is easy. We'll show you how.
Before you get started
A few things to know:
- Only a Master Administrator or Company Administrator user can update payment information for your account.
- Payment information updates must be done using QuickBooks Online in a web browser. You won't be able to update payment information from the mobile app.
- If you purchased your QuickBooks Online subscription through an app store (iOS or Android), you need to update your payment information through the app store directly.
Change or update your credit card information
Currently you can pay for QuickBooks Online with MasterCard, Visa, or AMEX or set up a Direct Debit. You can change your subscription payment method at any time from the Account and Settings page.
- Select the Gear icon on the Toolbar, then choose Account and Settings.
- Under the Billing & Subscriptions tab, select Edit payment method.
- Select your preferred payment method from the drop down menu. Then fill in the necessary fields making sure all information is accurate.
- Submit your changes.