Learn how to update your credit card for your QuickBooks Online subscription.
Updating your credit card information for your QuickBooks Online subscription is easy. We'll show you how.
Before you get started
A few things to know:
- Only a Master Administrator or Company Administrator user can update payment information for your account.
- Payment information updates must be done using QuickBooks Online in a web browser. You won't be able to update payment information from the mobile app.
- If you purchased your QuickBooks Online subscription through an app store (iOS or Android), you need to update your payment information through the app store directly.
Change or update your credit card information
You change the payment method for your QuickBooks Online account at any time. Currently, you can pay for QuickBooks Online with MasterCard, Visa, or AMEX.
Select the Gear icon on the Toolbar, then choose Account and Settings.
- From the left menu select Billing & Subscription.
- In the QuickBooks section, select Edit next to the Payment method.
- Fill in the appropriate information making sure everything is accurate.
Select Save, then Done.
Why don't I see the Billing & Subscription tab?
- If you're not signed in as a Master Administrator or Company Administrator user, you won't have access to the Billing & Subscription tab to make these changes. Please contact your company's Master Administrator and ask them to update your user rights. See What different types of users can we have in our company?
- If you purchased your QuickBooks Online subscription from your Accountant, only your Accountant has access to make these changes.