- Only a Master Administrator or Company Administrator user can update payment information for your account.
- Payment information updates must be done using QuickBooks Online in a web browser. You won't be able to update payment information from the mobile app.
- If you purchased your QuickBooks Online subscription through an app store (iOS or Android), you need to update your payment information through the app store directly.
Change or update your credit card information
- Select the Gear icon at the top, then Account and Settings.
- Select Billing & Subscription from the left menu.
- In the QuickBooks section, click Edit next to the Payment method.
- Fill in the appropriate information making sure everything is accurate. For example, in Name on card field, enter your name as it appears on your credit card.
- Select Save, then Done.
Why don't I see the Billing & Subscription tab?
- If you're not signed in as a Master Administrator or Company Administrator user, you won't have access to the Billing & Subscription tab to make these changes. Please contact your company's Master Administrator and ask them to update your user rights. See What different types of users can we have in our company?
- If you purchased your QuickBooks Online subscription from your Accountant, only your Accountant has access to make these changes.
[conditional region=“FR,GB,CA” show_hide="show" ]
You can change your subscription payment method at any time from the Account and Settings page. Currently you can pay for QuickBooks Online with MasterCard, Visa, or AMEX or set up a Direct Debit.
- Select the Gear icon at the top then Account and Settings (or Your Account).
- Under the Billing & Subscriptions tab, click Edit payment method.
- Select your preferred payment method from the drop down menu and fill in the necessary fields making sure all information is accurate.
- Submit your changes.