Learn how to customise reports to fit your business needs.
Create a customised report
- From the left menu, select Reports.
- Choose a report you wish to customise.
- Select the three dots icon, then select Customise.
- Change the settings in the Customise Report window.
- Select Run Report.
Save, share, and access a customised report
- Select Save customisation at the top.
- Enter a Custom report name.
- If you want to share your customised report with other company users, select the Share with drop-down and choose All.
- Select Save.
- Go to Reports > Custom Reports to access the report.
|Note: Master Admin can’t view unshared reports created by a non-MA user|
Print and export customised reports
Adjust margins, page orientation, and headers and footers in your Internet browser settings.
Resize column width
Column widths on the report depends on how many columns you choose to display on your reports. If the column width seems too small, select and drag the column dividers at the top to adjust.
Export reports to Excel
You can’t change the font, colour, or other aspects of the visual appearance of a report directly in QuickBooks Online.
|Tip: If you need to make additional customisation, you can export the report to Excel and make your changes there.|
Do more with your reports
Use this guide to get the most out of your customised reports.
1. Change Transaction Dates
You can change the transactions dates.
Transaction Date: The range of data included in the report. This date can be predefined date range from the drop menu or a custom range by using the from and to fields.
2. Add sub columns for comparison
Include additional columns on your report for comparison purposes.
- Active: Show only active rows.
- All: Show all available rows.
- Non-Zero: Remove rows with a Zero amount
- Active: Show only active columns.
- All: Show all available columns.
- Non-Zero: Remove columns with a Zero amount
3. Enable ageing reports
Ageing Method: Used for A/R or A/P ageing reports. A periodic report that groups a company's accounts receivable according to the length of time an invoice has been outstanding.
4. Show date ranges
Choose the range of data to be included in the report based on the following:
- Created Date: The range of data based on when the transaction was created.
- Last Modified Date: The range of data based on the last time the transaction was modified.
- Due Date: The range of data based on the Due date of the transaction.
- Service Date: The range of data based on the service date listed for a line item.
5. Filter columns
There are four ways to apply filters:
- All: The default application of filters for most reports except for custom or supplier/customer specific reports.
- Select Multiple: If multiple items from a filter are selected.
- Specified: This filters a report to show only records that have a 'specified' classification. For example, if you check the filter 'Name' and apply it as 'Specified,' your Profit and Loss report shows all entries with Names and exclude all entries that you did not, or could not, associate Names with.
- Not Specified: This shows entries that didn't have a specified classification. For example, all entries without 'Name' associated.
- Transaction Type: display certain transaction types.
- Account: This is the account where funds originated from.
- Distribution Account: The "distribution account" for a transaction is typically the account (or accounts) specified on the bottom part of a form.
- Name: Displays transactions for a certain Name. This can include Customers, Suppliers, and Employees.
- Customer: Displays transactions for the selected Customer(s).
- Supplier: Displays transactions for the selected Supplier(s).
- Employee: Displays transactions for the selected Employee(s).
- Product/Service: Displays transactions with the selected Product or Service.
- Location: Displays transactions for the specified Location(s). This is only available if Location tracking is enabled.
6. Change the Header and Footer
You can change information on the report such as the title and time prepared.
|Tip: View a preview so you can see how your report will display.|
7. Sort with Numbers
Show Negative Numbers
- Normal: -100.00
- In Parentheses: (100.00)
- With a Trailing Minus: 100.00-
- In Bright Red: -100.00
Show All Numbers
- Divided by 1000
- Without cents
- Except zero amounts
8. Show Status
You can select several types of transactions to appear on your report based on their status in the register.
- Cleared: Transactions that are Cleared, Uncleared, or Reconciled.
- A/R Paid: Transactions that have been paid.
- A/P Paid: Transactions that have been paid.
- Billable: Billable or Non-Billable transactions.
- Match: Transactions that match the selected field(s).