Overview

Find-a-ProAdvisor serves to connect small businesses and individuals with ProAdvisors to help both sides prosper. Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors are eligible to publish a free, customizable profile to attract prospective clients.

How we are partnering with accountants to improve leads in Find-a-ProAdvisor - Rich Preece

What influences profile placement in search results

Sort your results

When searching for a ProAdvisor, users are able to sort their results, depending on the criteria they deem most important.

Sort your displayed results, using the Sort by drop-down

Best match

Best match is the default sort by method, using multiple inputs to identify which accountant will potentially be the best match to the small business or self-employed individual performing the search.  We are always expanding and researching for more inputs we can use to identify matches, strengthening the ability to suggest the best matches.

In order to ensure we can present the best matches have your Profile up to date and completely filled out.  Learn 5 Tips to Maximize Your New Find-a-ProAdvisor Profile.

Distance

When a user sorts by distance, we take the distance from the address listed on the ProAdvisor's profile to the heart of the entered city or Zip code.  The profiles are then listed from closest to furthest.  Keep in mind the results will differ if the user searches by city or zip code.

Sort your displayed results, using the Sort by drop-down

Rating

We display accountant profiles, based on Overall Rating, from highest to lowest.

ProAdvisor ratings

Last name

Are you looking for a specific accountant?  We offer the option to sort by last name (either A-Z or Z-A) to make searching for a specific accountant easier.

Filters available

Industries served

This will filter the results by only showing profiles that have the specific Industries that a user has filtered by. The "Sort by" used is still applied when using a filter.

Service provided

This will filter the results by only showing profiles that have the specific Service provided that a user has filtered by. The "Sort by" used is still applied when using a filter.

ProAdvisors can now select to display their credentials from a pre-populated checklist, which will correspond with the Service provided filter.

Product supported

This will filter the results by only showing profiles that have the specific Product supported that a user has filtered by. The "Sort by" used is still applied when using a filter.

Keep in mind: The profile will display a marker showing that the credentials are self-reported.

Select your credentials from a pre-populated checklist.

Credentials, such as CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and EA (Enrolled Agent) will now display on the public profile.

Keep in mind: If you check both CPA and EA the profile will only display CPA.  This is because a CPA is qualified to perform the tasks of an EA.

How your credentials appear on your profile.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I improve my profile's placement in the search results?

Above, we explained how various factors affect Find-a-ProAdvisor search results with each user's search.  Here are some recommended actions you can take to make sure you have a strong profile which resonates with potential clients:

Why did my placement on the Find-A-ProAdvisor website change?

We strive to make strong, durable and mutually beneficial matches between ProAdvisors (Accountants and Tax Advisors), Small businesses and Consumers. To do so we use a rich set of inputs to dynamically connect the searcher to a ProAdvisor that best suits their needs.

We are continually researching new inputs to use in order to provide stronger matches. Doing so means the search results are dynamic and always changing for a wide variety of reasons. From the competition improving their profile to a user filtering for a tax professional in April, the search results are dynamic and tailored to the search criteria of the user as well as the information provided in your profile.

When searching my city or zip code, why does my profile show that I am a distance away?

When a user sorts by distance, we take the distance from the address listed on the ProAdvisor's profile to the heart of the entered city or Zip code.  The profiles are then listed from closest to furthest.  Keep in mind the results will differ if the user searches by city or zip code.

Example: While 2800 E Commerce Center Pl is located in the 85706 zip code, it is roughly 2 miles from the center of the 85706 zip code.

The distance from the center of a zip code to the address within the zip code

Why don't I show up when I search my zip/city?

There are a few things that can cause your profile to not appear in a search.

To resolve issues with your profile displaying in search results, see ProAdvisor profile does not display on the Find-a-ProAdvisor website.

This article is part of our content on Find-a-ProAdvisor.

You can also browse other QBOA topics.