Troubleshooting common printing problems when using QuickBooks in Windows is easy and can be done in a few steps.
|Note: If you're using Safari, get help with troubleshooting printing issues in Safari for Mac.|
Problem: My printed output looks wrong
- If the document is misaligned on the page: Set up printing alignment for invoice, sales receipt, and all sales forms
- Printed output is unclear or fuzzy
- Cheques print in the wrong order
- If the report header prints in the middle of the page: How do I clear the temporary Internet files and cache?
Problem: I am experiencing other printing errors and unexpected results when printing
- The printer icon is missing from preview screen
- The screen is blank when printing in Internet Explorer
- Can't print a deposit or summary
- After printing, transactions still display in To Be Printed
- Cheques are missing from the print queue
- Update, repair or reinstall Adobe Reader
- Troubleshooting steps for PDF printing issues
Problem: I can't preview my forms in Chrome
In Google Chrome there's a setting that can cause Print Preview to download a PDF file. When this happens the setting will cause Print Preview to appear completely blank, or do nothing at all. To resolve this issue, proceed with the following steps:
- Update Chrome to the latest version.
- At the top right of the browser window, select the three vertical dots that open the menu, then choose Settings to open Chrome’s settings.
In the search bar, enter PDF.
From the results, select Content settings.
- Find and select PDF documents.
- Make sure Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome is off.
You should now be able to preview and print forms normally in Google Chrome.
That's it. You now know how to troubleshoot common printing problems in Windows.