The Online Payroll mobile app allows you to pay employees anytime and anywhere through your Android device. This is a free app available from the Google Play store. This article gives you a general overview of the app.
Quick navigation for this article
- Tap the QuickBooks Payroll for Employers app.
- To sign in, tap:
- Accounts that are not migrated to the new authentication system: IOP Accountants - Sign in here to sign.
- Accounts migrated to the new authentication system: EMPLOYERS - SIGN IN
Sign-in page for accounts that are NOT migrated to the new authentication system.
Sign-in page for accounts that are migrated to the new authentication system.
NOTE: MFA is enabled for mobile users.
Want to see what Online Payroll can do?
From the Sign in page, tap Test Drive > Continue.
Want to start a Do-It-Yourself online payroll account?
Tap Sign Up
If you're an accountant who participates in Intuit Online Payroll's Accounting Professionals Program, you can navigate between clients.
Tap the name of the company you want to work in:
- From the menu, tap Create Checks.
- Tap the desired pay schedule.
- Change Pay date and Pay Period as necessary.
- If a pay date results in a missed deadline for direct deposit, you'll be prompted to log into your account on the web, and change the pay method from direct deposit to manual check.
- For Intuit Full Service Payroll, you can't change the Pay date and Pay Period.
- Salaried employees will receive pre-calculated pay by default.
- Tap the employee(s) you want to add hours or additional pay to.
Don't want to pay an employee this time?Tap the ON button (to turn them OFF) and tap Done.
- When you are ready done entering payroll, tap Approve.
If you need to edit any payroll information tap Review Checks arrow.
- Select APPROVE to confirm action.
Confirmation after approving paychecks.
- From the menu, tap Create Checks.
- Tap All Contractors.
- Tap the contractor you want to pay.
- Enter the amount to pay, and then tap Done.
- Tap Preview to review the payment.
- Tap Approve > APPROVE to confirm action.
- View payment confirmation.
Employee and contractor pay history
- From the menu, tap Pay History.
- Tap the pay period for employee, or All Contractors for contractors.
- Tap on a specific employee or contractor to review that paychecks.
- From the menu, tap Employees.
- Tap the employee/contractor you want to review.
- Review employee/contractor information.
Any changes to an employee or contractor profile must be made through your regular account on the web, and not through the mobile app.
Pay Taxes - not available for Intuit Full Service Payroll and QuickBooks Full Service Payroll
- From the menu, tap Taxes & Forms.
- Tap the tax you want to pay.
- Tap E-pay.
- Tap E-PAY to confirm action
Tax payment confirmation
File tax forms - not available for Intuit Full Service Payroll and QuickBooks Full Service Payroll
- From the menu, tap Taxes and Forms.
- Tap the form you want to file.
- Tap View PDF to view and print (if enabled) the tax documents, and then tap E-file.
Tap the menu icon at the top:
- for additional Info
- to Share Feedback
- to Sign Out
Tap the menu icon at the top > Info to access the following:
- FAQ - access a list of top questions, tap on a question to see the answer.
- Get help - call us directly from your device (if supported).
- Rate this App - tap to rate our app!
- Version - version installed.
- Terms of Service - review Intuit's service agreement.
Email feedback about the app to our Mobile team (this email is not for support with your payroll account).
To provide feedback, tap the menu icon at the top > Feedback.
You'll be automatically signed out of payroll on the Android device if you log into your account from another location.
To sign out, tap the menu icon at the top > Sign Out.