You may encounter this error when attempting to open or register QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
This may be happening because:
- The Point of Sale Entitlement folder contains damaged files.
- An incorrect product code has been used to install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- You are not logged in to Windows as an administrator.
|Note: Program Data is a hidden folder. If you're unable to find it, follow Display hidden files and folders or search for files using Windows.|
Solution 1: Delete the contents of the entitlement client folder
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Press the CTRL+A on your keyboard to select all the files in the folder, then press Delete.
- Select Yes to confirm the action.
- Relaunch QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and re-register the application.
If the issue is not resolved, call 800-316-1068 to verify the correct validation code is being used.
Solution 2: Rename the WSActivity file
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini
- Right-click WSActivity and select Rename.
- Enter OLDWSActivity and click anywhere to save.
- Close the window then delete the entitlement again.
- Relaunch QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Solution 3: Perform a clean re-install for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
If the above solutions did not resolve the issue, perform clean reinstall.