Learn how to get rid of the following errors when processing or settling credit card transactions in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- INV BATCH SEQ
- You are encountering a credit card processing error, if you continue you may lose transactions
You are getting the error because:
- Point of Sale is not on the latest release.
- You are using the same merchant account number when processing credit cards in multiple company files
- There is a problem with the credit card batch
Important: There must only be one merchant account number per company file or location.
To fix this:
Make sure that QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is on the latest release.
- Go to the Downloads & Updates page.
- Select QuickBooks Point of Sale as your product.
- Choose the Edition and Version of your POS, then hit Search.
- Select Get the latest updates.
- Run and complete the update.
If issue persists, contact QuickBooks Payments Solutions at 800-558-9558.