Payments for QuickBooks Point of Sale provides a seamless and flexible way to process card payments. However, if you don't have a Payments account, you can still record credit card payments, refunds, and debit/ATM card payments in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Step 1: Ensure QuickBooks Payments is not yet set up
- Choose File, then Setup Interview.
- Select the Payments tab.
- Select No.
Note: After you select No, the preference will be saved for future transactions.
- Select Done.
Step 2: Make a sale
- Select Make a Sale from the navigation pane.
- Scan the item and enter your customer's name.
- Select Credit or Debit for the payment, then choose either Charge or Refund.
- Edit the amount if necessary and click the card type from the displayed list (list is displayed based on your preferences).
Note: For Debit payments, add cash back if applicable.
- Select Save.
Important: Follow your third party merchant's instructions for authorization and batching processes using the terminal provided to you by your third party merchant.