This article is part of our content on Setting up QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
You may get one of the following error messages while you install Point of Sale:
Error 1304. Error writing to file Intuit.Spc.Esd.Client.BusinessLogic.dll
Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET. Could not verify digital signature of file %s
Error: 1706 No valid source could be found when opening Point of Sale
Error: Unable to start the "IntuitUpdateService" Error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
These errors may be caused by one of the following:
- Beta version of Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 on the computer
- Microsoft .NET Framework is not properly installed
- Point of Sale installer is damaged
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to the latest release
- Go to the Product updates page
- Make sure Point of Sale is selected as your product.
- Follow the instructions to install a Manual update.
- You may have to reboot afterwards.
Solution 2: Reinstall for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale