After running a Financial Exchange with QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, the activity log may contain this error.
This occurs when the Financial Exchange attempted to send an Adjustment Memo to QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale with a value of 1 million dollars or more.
- Take note of the adjustment memo number in the Activity Log where you received the error.
- From the Financial menu, go to Financial Center.
- Select View Activity Log.
- From the activity log, look for the error and take note of the memo number.
- Verify the amount of the adjustment memo that has a value of more than $1,000,000.
- From the Inventory menu, go to Quantity/Cost Adjustment History.
- Search for the Adjustment memo number.
- Select the Adjustment Memo.
- From the I Want to drop-down, select Reverse Memo.
- Create two or more memos that will each fall below the 1 million dollar threshold.
- Select Inventory and choose New Quantity Adjustment or New Cost Adjustment.
- Enter information to appropriate memo fields at the top of the form. The Reason field must have an entry.
- List the items to be adjusted using standard item listing procedures.
- Enter the New Qty or New Cost for the item:
- Highlight the item and select Edit Item to open the Item Information window. Enter the adjusted value and select OK to close the window
- Or navigate to the respective field in the item list and make changes directly from that window.
Note: Make sure it won’t be more than 1 million dollars for each memo that will be created.
- Select Save & Print or Save Only.
- Check if the newly created adjustment memo has been calculated to the exact amount as the reversed memo.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.