When installing hardware, or when opening or running other functions in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, you see one of the following errors:
- Status code 5
- System Error. Code: 5 Access Denied
These errors may be caused by the following:
- The Windows user account you are using does not have adequate rights.
- The Point of Sale update's Shared Download location is invalid.
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to the latest release.
- Turn off User Account Control (UAC) in Windows.
- Continue the action that caused the error.
Important: After resolving the error, don't forget to turn on UAC. It needs to be turned on for Financial Exchange to function with QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.