Find answers to questions about the new QuickBooks Online billing platform.

Over the next few years, we will be moving all offerings in the QuickBooks Online ecosystem to a single, global billing platform. A unified billing system will enable a single bill for QuickBooks Online, Payroll, Payments, TSheets, and the Accountant Partner Program’s 3rd party apps.

The following video and sections in this article provide answers to questions about this new billing platform.

QuickBooks Online Accountant FAQs

I received an email about being moved to the new billing platform, so why has nothing changed in QuickBooks Online Accountant?

If we notify you in September that you will transition to the new billing platform in October, you will see the changes to Your Account on your billing day for October (see the next section to learn how to find your billing day of the month).

However, if we aren’t able to complete your move to the new billing platform in October, we will try again the following month.

You will know you are on the new billing platform when you see this new, tabbed interface in Your Account.

Tabbed Your Account interface indicating the account has transitioned to the new billing platform

How do I find my billing date of the month?

How you find your billing date of the month depends on whether you have moved to the new Your Account experience.

If you have not yet moved to the new Your Account experience:

1. Select the Settings ⚙ icon.
  2. Under Your Company, select Your Account.
  3. Locate the Next bill date under QuickBooks Subscriptions on the Manage Wholesale Clients panel.

Next bill date listed under Manage Wholesale Clients for accounts not yet moved to the new billing experience

If you have moved to the new Your Account experience:

3. Select the Billing details tab.

Your Next bill date for your QuickBooks subscription and Payroll subscription is listed on the Billing details tab.

Next bill date on the Billing details tab for accounts moved to the new billing experience

Why haven't I received an email about the new billing experience for QuickBooks Online Accountant?

To ensure a smooth transition to the new platform, we are rolling out our new billing experience in phases.

The majority of customers will be migrated in October and November, with a small group moving in September.

If you did not receive an email on September 5, your migration will be done in October or November.

You will be notified by email the month before you are scheduled to migrate.

Payroll FAQs

How do I access my Payroll billing history?

To access your Payroll billing history:

4. Under Payroll Subscription, select the View Payroll Billing History link.
  5. Select a date and run a report of your billing history.

Your account Billing details tab with Payroll billing history link

From the report, you can review your Payroll billing history.

When will QuickBooks Online Payroll and QuickBooks Online Full Service Payroll be moved to the new billing platform?

We don’t yet have a specific date to share, but will release that information when we do.

Wholesale Discount FAQs

What QuickBooks Online products are supported for wholesale discount?

New subscribers to QuickBooks Online Plus, QuickBooks Online Essentials, and QuickBooks Online Self Employed can be added using your wholesale discount.

Are my clients placed in a pending state when I move them out of my subscriptions with the new billing platform?

No. On the new billing platform, when you move a client in or out of Your Subscriptions, the change takes effect immediately.

Your clients are no longer stuck in pending status for 30-45 days after a change.

Clients who are added mid-billing period will receive a pro-rated refund for their QuickBooks Online subscription, and you will receive a pro-rated charge.

Clients who you move out of wholesale billing will get a pro-rated refund, and your client’s QuickBooks Online subscription will be canceled.

If the client wants to continue to use QuickBooks Online, they must resubscribe at the current list price.

Warning: Effective November 1, 2018, the wholesale discount program will be limited to clients who are new subscribers to QuickBooks Online.
To learn more, see FAQs.

What happens to a client's connected services when I no longer manage their subscriptions?

When you move your client's QuickBooks Online account out of Your Subscriptions, the client's QuickBooks Online connected services, including Payroll and any Intuit apps, will also be canceled.

The client's third-party apps remain active, and they can manage these outside of QuickBooks Online.

For example, clients can continue to use TSheets for time tracking by accessing the TSheets app directly.

How do I transfer ownership of client QuickBooks Online accounts when I no longer have responsibility for their subscriptions?

When you remove clients from Your Subscriptions, you are prompted to transfer Master Administrator (Master Admin) rights to your clients.

Confirmation prompt when removing a client from wholesale billing

You must do so to allow your clients to resubscribe on their own.

Master Admin users are the Company Owners of their QuickBooks Online company files. All billing correspondence is sent to the Master Admin user  email address.

Note: Only Master Admin users have rights to transfer Master Admin user rights to another user.

When I'm no longer responsible for billing, is my client's subscription canceled or just suspended until they add payment information?

When you no longer have billing responsibility for your clients' QuickBooks Online accounts, the clients' QuickBooks Online subscriptions are canceled immediately. They have 365 days from the cancelation date to resubscribe at the current list price.

Warning: You must transfer Master Administrator rights to your clients before they can resubscribe.

If a client chooses not to enter billing information, they will have read-only access to their information for 365 days from the date they were removed from your Your Subscriptions list.

How does canceling a subscription affect clients who are not on the wholesale discount?

There are no pro-rated refunds for accountants or their clients who pay for QuickBooks Online at the list price rather than the wholesale discount.

The subscription will cancel on the next billing date.

QuickBooks Invoices FAQs

Can I access my historical QuickBooks Online billing statements?

Yes. You can review your billing or payment history as a PDF or export it in CSV format from the Billing Details tab of the Your Account page.

To review historical billing information:

4. Select either View PDF or Export CSV (depending on the format you need) to access your billing or payment history older than the date indicated.

User-added image

Your billing history is downloaded as a single PDF or CSV file containing up to two years of billing history.

Can you help me to understand the new invoice?

Of course.

To learn more about the new invoice, watch the following video: 

Company FAQs

How do I update my company information?

To update your company information:

2. Under Settings, select Company Settings.
  3. On the Company tab of the Settings page, select the pencil (Edit) icon in the Company name section to open the fields for editing.
  4. Update the company name and optionally add a legal name and company logo.
  5. Select Save.
  6. Select the pencil (Edit) icon in the  Contact info section to open the fields for editing.
  7. Use the appropriate fields to update your company address, email, phone number, and website address.
  8. Select Save.
  9. Select Done.

Your company information is updated as you specified.

How do I update my email address for receiving billing correspondence?

To update your email address for receiving billing correspondence?

2. Under Your Company, select Your Team.
  3. Select the Master Administrator's email address to .
  4. Update the email address in the Email field as necessary.
  5. Select Save.

The email address is updated and future billing correspondence will be sent to the updated email address.

Why are you asking for my company’s address?

Taxation on Intuit subscriptions is now based on your company’s physical address rather than your credit card billing address.

If you have existing wholesale clients, you will receive a pop -up message asking you to update your company’s address when you log on to Your Account in QuickBooks Online Accountant.

If you don’t have existing wholesale clients, you are asked to add this information when you add a client, or when you update your credit card payment information.

Update company's physical address