Learn how to delete your data in QuickBooks Online and start over with new books.
Sometimes you need to start fresh with a new QuickBooks Online company. If you're a new customer, you can simply start over. If you've used QuickBooks for a while, you need to create a new company.
Start over in QuickBooks Online
Note: Save time by reusing the lists from your old company. Learn how to move your lists to a new company file.
Your next steps depend on how long you've been using QuickBooks.
If your company file is more than 30 days old
- If your QuickBooks company file is more than 30 days old, contact us to enable the purge feature.
- You'll then be able to purge any data present in the file. It takes 1-2 working days to have purge enabled. Please plan your activities accordingly.
If your company file is less than 30 days old
|Warning: This process will delete all data in the company file. Once you delete, you can’t restore it.|
To complete the process, follow the instructions below:
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Company.
- Change the URL to include /purgecompany
Example: Change https://sg.qbo.intuit.com/app/homepage to https://sg.qbo.intuit.com/app/purgecomp
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
- The next screen will provide a summary of the items to delete. Type YES to delete the data, then select OK.
Things to know
- If the industry you want to use is different than the one showing feel free to change it.
- Mark whether you would like the system to create accounts based on your industry (recommended) or start with an empty chart of accounts.
- Once your selections are complete, select Wipe Data. When the deletion is complete you will be rerouted to your home page.