Learn how to update an employee's direct deposit bank account.
Do you need to make a change to an employee's direct deposit bank account? We'll show you how for Intuit Online Payroll and QuickBooks Online Payroll.
|Note Before changing an employee's bank information, we recommend that the employee first fill out a new DD authorization form.|
Before you get started
You can use the following sets of steps to update the accounts in several ways.
- Change from manual check to direct deposit, or vice versa.
- Change direct deposit from one bank account to split direct deposit between two bank accounts, or vice versa.
- Change direct deposit to split between direct deposit and manual check or vice versa.
A few things to consider.
- If an employee's pay method is temporarily changed from direct deposit to manual check, their bank information will be retained when their pay method is changed back to DD.
- Splits can only be done as a dollar amount—not as a percentage.
Update an employee's account
Once you make the following updates the changes are effective immediately but aren't retroactive.
Intuit Online Payroll/Intuit Online Payroll for Accountants
- From the left menu, select Employees.
- Next to the employee's name, under Pay Method, select DD.
- Enter the new bank account information.
- Select Ok.
QuickBooks Online Payroll
- From the left menu, select Workers, then Employee.
- Select the name of the employee.
- Select the edit (pencil) icon beside Pay.
- Enter the new bank account information
- Select Done.