To avoid service interruption, you can securely update your billing information for your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Service.
If you are switching your payment method from Credit Card to Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or vice versa, please contact us.
Use the following steps depending on the payment method you are using (credit card or bank account).
If you are using credit card as payment method</a>
Sign in to your Account Maintenance Page
In order to make the necessary changes on your billing information, you must be signed in to your Account Maintenance page using your Intuit user ID and password. For instructions, see QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page login help. Once signed in to your QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page, you will be able to update your Billing Information under the Annual Billing Details box. The level of information and the link that can be selected may vary depending on your contact role. If you do not see any information under the Billing Details box, this means that you are not the current Billing Contact of the account. To change the Holder and/or the billing contact, please contact us.
If you see the current credit card information, you are the billing contact of your company. Select the Edit link to update your billing information.
Change Payment link
For security purposes, only the billing contact can view the current credit card information in QuickBooks. Select the Change Payment link to update your billing information.
Note: The Holder is the name on the credit card but not necessarily the billing contact. To change the Holder and/or the billing contact, please contact us.
Add Credit Card link
If you see Add Credit Card link in the Annual Billing Details section, either you have not entered your credit card information or may be using EFT. Select the Add Credit Card to update your billing information.
If you are using EFT as your payment method, you will not be able to update it from the Account Maintenance page in QuickBooks Desktop. Go to the My Account website and do the following the steps to update your billing information.
At the top right, verify that you are opening the correct company. Otherwise, select the correct company.
- In the Products & Services section, select your payroll service.
At the right, in the Billing Information section, select the Edit link next to the Payment Method.
- Update your Payment Details and select Save and Close.
- Review your subscription details (subscription type, renewal date, and fee).
- At the top right, select the dropdown button next to your company name and select Logout.
Frequently Asked Questions
What am I paying for?
What will be billed to my credit card or bank account (EFT)?
The following will be billed to the credit card or bank account (EFT) we have on file:
- Subscription Fee - debited at the start of each subscription term (Annual or Monthly).
- Per Employee Fee - depends on the number of employees that you pay at least once in a month and is debited the following month. Example: The per employee fee for the employees paid in January will be debited on your billing day of the following month (February). Depending on the type of subscription you have, the per employee fee may or may not be applicable for you.
To view your subscription details (type, renewal date, and price), follow the steps below in updating your billing information. Also, a notification email with your subscription details prior to the renewal and upon the renewal of the payroll service is sent to your company's billing contact (initially the purchaser of the payroll service). To change the billing contact of your account, please contact us.
Who can update my billing information?
To be able to update the billing information for the payroll service, these requirements must be met:
- You are an authorized user of the account. Authorized users are contacts listed in the company's account. Only these users are authorized to access the company's account, represent the company when interacting with Intuit, and contact Intuit to add a new user.
- You have your login information to My Account. Intuit's security policies do not support the sharing of usernames and passwords so each contact will need an Intuit Account login.
- If you have Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced, Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced, or the disk delivery service, you can update your billing information in My Account website only if you are using credit card.
To switch from credit card to electronic funds transfer (EFT) or vice versa, please contact us.