Learn how to update billing information for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription.
To avoid service interruption, you can securely update your billing information for your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription. We show you how to updated your information as well as answer some frequently asked questions.
If you are switching your payment method from Credit Card to Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or vice versa, please contact us.
Change a credit card payment method
In order to make the billing information updates, you must be signed in to your QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page using your Intuit user ID and password. (For instructions, see QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page login help.)
Once signed in you can update the Billing Information under the Annual Billing Details box. The level of information may vary depending on your contact role. If you don't see any information under the Billing Details box, this means that you're not the current billing contact. To change the Holder and/or the billing contact, please contact us.
If you see the current credit card information, you are the billing contact of your company. Select the Edit link to update your billing information.
Select the Change Payment link to update your billing information.
|Note: The Holder is the name on the credit card, but not necessarily the billing contact. To change the Holder and/or the billing contact, please contact us.|
Update a bank account
If you are using a bank account as your payment method, go to the My Account website and do follow these steps.
- Sign in to My Account. (If you need help signing in, please see My Account: Login help.)
- In the Manage your QuickBooks page, select the product or service you would like to manage.
Verify that you are opening the correct company.
- In the Products & Services section, select your payroll service.
- In the Billing Information section, select the Edit link next to the Payment Method.
- Update your Payment Details and select Save and Close.
- Review your subscription details (subscription type, renewal date, and fee).
- Select the drop-down button next to your company name. Then select Logout.
A QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Service is a subscription you activate to enable the payroll features. For example, payroll updates, automatic payroll tax calculation, and payroll forms.
The following will be billed to the credit card or bank account we have on file:
- Subscription Fee - debited at the start of each subscription term (Annual or Monthly).
- Per Employee Fee - depends on the number of employees that you pay at least once in a month. And it is debited the following month. Depending on the type of subscription you have, the per employee fee may or may not be applicable for you.
A notification email with your subscription details prior to the renewal and upon the renewal of the payroll service is sent to your company's billing contact (initially the purchaser of the payroll service). To change the billing contact of your account, please contact us.
To be able to update the billing information for the payroll service, these requirements must be met:
- You are an authorized user of the account. Authorized users are contacts listed in the company's account. Only these users are authorized to access the company's account, represent the company when interacting with Intuit, and contact Intuit to add a new user.
- You have your login information for My Account. Intuit's security policies do not support the sharing of usernames and passwords so each contact will need an Intuit Account login.
- If you have Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced, Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced, or the disk delivery service, you can update your billing information in the My Account website only if you are using a credit card.
To switch from credit card to bank account or vice versa, please contact us.