As long as your billing information is current, and you have the supported version of QuickBooks Desktop, Intuit will automatically renew your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription. Manual renewal may be required if there is an expired credit card on your account. There are a few ways to renew your subscription:

To renew your payroll subscription:

Directly inside your QuickBooks Desktop file:

1. In QuickBooks, go to Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information.
  2. Sign in using your Intuit Account login if your account information did not auto populate.
  3. In the Service Information section, select the Reactivate link next to the service status.
  4. Make sure your payroll service is listed, then select Proceed to Checkout.
  5. Select a Payment Method, update or add your payment information. Then select Submit.
  6. Select Place Order.
  7. Select Next and then Return to QuickBooks.
  8. Verify that the reactivation is successful by signing back in to Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information and checking the Service Status.

Note: If the Service Status is blank or is still showing Inactive after reactivating, contact us. Select View Contact Info

Through the web:

1. Sign in to Intuit QuickBooks My Account using your Intuit login.
  2. In the Manage your QuickBooks page, select the product or service you would like to manage.
  3. Select the Payroll Subscription tile under Products & Services.
  4. The status of the subscription shows on the upper right corner of the page. In this case, you should see Canceled as the status of the subscription. Select the Resubscribe link under the status.

&nbsp
  5. Validate if the information in the Reactivate Subscription fields are correct. Select Save and Continue.
  6. Review the Subscription details and the billing information. Select Reactivate.
  7. A pop-up message will show subscription has been reactivated. Select Got it!
  8. It may take up to 24 hours for the reactivation of your subscription to fully complete. Your subscription will show Active once the reactivation is complete.

From a cancelation notification email:

Your payroll subscription failed to auto-renew using the payment information in the account. This can be due to an expired or a deactivated credit card attached to your subscription. To reactivate your Payroll Subscription:

1. Select the Resubscribe button in the email. Doing so routes you to the Intuit QuickBooks My Account page.
  2. Sign in using your Intuit Login credentials.
  3. Update your payment information. Select Save and Continue.
  4. Validate if all the information you entered in the previous page are correct. Select on Reactivate.
  5. A Subscription reactivated! message appears. Select Got it! At this point, your data is being prepared by our system which may take up to 24 hours to complete.
  6. You can verify if your subscription is already active by signing in on My Account.
    1. Sign in to Intuit QuickBooks Desktop My Account using your Intuit credentials.
    2. In the Manage your QuickBooks page, select the product or service you would like to manage.
    3. Select the Payroll Subscription tile under Products & Services.
    4. The status of the subscription is displayed on the upper right corner of the page.
    5. Status shows Active if your subscription is already active. Otherwise, status shows Reactivation in progress.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I requested to cancel my payroll subscription since I no longer have employees to pay but I need to provide W-2s and process forms

If you are reactivating the service to complete your year-end tasks, please contact us.

Can I use Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to renew my subscription?

If you want to use Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) as your payment method for renewing your subscription, please contact us so we can set it up for you.

How can I cancel my subscription?

Do I have to manually renew my subscription every time it reaches its renewal date?

No. Your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription is by default set to auto-renew. All you have to make sure is have a valid billing information on file with us for our system to renew your subscription automatically.