How do I file an amended return?

You need to file an amended return with the Utah State Tax Commission if the following are both true:

  • You've made a payment for UT Income Tax in a given tax period.
  • You need to create another tax payment for the same period.

You can get a copy of this amended form (Form TC-941) here.

Note: Send your additional payment with the amended return. Your amended return should include any required penalties and interest. We don't make theses calculations for you. To calculate penalties and interest, refer to Publication 58.

Record this payment in your account

After you send your additional tax payment with the amended return, you can record this payment in your account by following these steps:

  1. Choose Payroll (or Employees) > Taxes & Forms and then Prior Tax History.
  2. Click Add Payment.
  3. For the Tax Type, choose UT Income Tax.
  4. For the Liability Period, choose User Defined. The page re-displays with two new fields.
  5. Enter the Period Start Date and Period End Date for your amended return.
  6. Enter your Payment Date and the UT Income Tax amount you paid with your amended return.
  7. Click OK.