Find information on the latest payroll update (21912) as well as earlier release updates.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about QuickBooks Desktop payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 21912, released June 20, 2019.
In the sections below we provide information and links to recent and previous updates.
What’s included in Payroll Update 21912 (June 20, 2019)
Tax Table Update
- The Payroll Update includes other changes for: Washington
- For Enhanced Payroll for Accountants payroll subscribers this Payroll Update contains Schedule A (Form 940), Multi-state Employee and Credit Reduction, has been updated. Form 940, 941 and Form 944 for Reporting Agents (available for Enhanced Payroll for Accountants payroll subscribers only.
- Payroll Update contains federal forms that were updated: Form 940 & Schedule A (Form 940), Form 944 & Form 941.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes a state form that was added for the following state: Maine
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes state forms that were updated for the following states: Arkansas, California, Florida, Maine, Utah, Washington and West Virginia.
e-File and Pay Update
- There are no E-File & Pay changes in this Payroll Update.
Find recent payroll updates
For a complete overview of the most recent payroll update, select your product year from the list below:
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
|Payroll Update Number||Date Released|
Payroll News: Stay up to date
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- Create a payroll item for Moving Expenses
- Federal Payroll: Year-End Preparation and Planning for a New Tax Year
- Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangements (QSEHRA)
- 2018 Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) Credit Reductions
- Understanding the Affordable Care Act Employer Mandates
- Claiming and Reporting COBRA Credits after 2013
- Social Security Administration W-2/W-3 Approval Letter
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: Additional Medicare Tax
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: Reporting Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage Cost on Form W-2