QuickBooks Desktop Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about QuickBooks Desktop payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 21904, released January 17, 2019.
What’s included in Payroll Update 21904?
Tax Table Update
- This tax table includes new withholding tables for: Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, North Dakota, and Rhode Island.
- An action is required for the following states: Indiana and Maryland.
- This tax table includes a tax tracking type change and an action is required for: Reported Tips, and SCorp Pd Med Premium.
- This tax table includes other changes for: Hawaii and New Jersey
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers: This Payroll Update includes state forms that were updated for the following states: Arizona, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin.
e-File and Pay Update
- There are no E-File & Pay changes in this Payroll Update.
For a complete overview of the most recent payroll update, select your product year from the list below:
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
|Payroll Update Number||Date Released|
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- Create a payroll item for Moving Expenses
- Federal Payroll: Year-End Preparation and Planning for a New Tax Year
- Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangements (QSEHRA)
- 2018 Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) Credit Reductions
- Understanding the Affordable Care Act Employer Mandates
- Claiming and Reporting COBRA Credits after 2013
- Social Security Administration W-2/W-3 Approval Letter
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: Additional Medicare Tax
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: Reporting Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage Cost on Form W-2