Find information on the latest payroll update (21908) as well as earlier release updates.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about QuickBooks Desktop payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 21908, released March 17, 2019.
In the sections below we provide information and links to recent and previous updates.
What’s included in Payroll Update 21908 (March 21, 2019)
Tax Table Update
- An action is required for the following states: Alaska and Indiana
- The Payroll Update includes other changes for: Alaska and Indiana
- For Enhanced Payroll for Accountants payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes a federal form that was updated : Form 941 for Reporting Agents.
- For Standard and Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes federal forms that were updated: Forms 941 and 941-V.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes state forms that were added for the following states: Indiana and Washington.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes state forms that were updated for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Washington.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes a state form that was removed for the following state: Iowa.
e-File and Pay Update
- There are no E-File & Pay changes in this Payroll Update.
Find recent payroll updates
For a complete overview of the most recent payroll update, select your product year from the list below:
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
|Payroll Update Number||Date Released|
Payroll News: Stay up to date
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- Create a payroll item for Moving Expenses
- Federal Payroll: Year-End Preparation and Planning for a New Tax Year
- Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangements (QSEHRA)
- 2018 Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) Credit Reductions
- Understanding the Affordable Care Act Employer Mandates
- Claiming and Reporting COBRA Credits after 2013
- Social Security Administration W-2/W-3 Approval Letter
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: Additional Medicare Tax
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: Reporting Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage Cost on Form W-2