Beginning with the 4th quarter of 2015, the District of Columbia has a new Tax and Wage Reporting System via ESSP (Employer Self Service Portal.) It is essential that you register with the New Tax and Wage Reporting System via ESPP prior to 12/15/15 so you can be setup prior to your 4th quarter Unemployment Insurance Filing and Payment due date. Please note we will continue to provide the signature ready tax form, but if you have more than 5 employees your company is now mandated to complete the quarterly unemployment tax form DOES-UC30 electronically. The new DOES ESSP tax portal will allow employers to:
- File UI Tax Reports
- Submit Payments
- Add/Update Address Information
- Add/Update Contact Information
- Register New Accounts
If you are using Intuit Full Service, QuickBooks Full Service or Assisted Payroll in addition to registering with the new Tax and Wage Reporting System, you must set up Intuit as your Third Party Agent (TPA) in order for us to pay and file on your behalf.
All of the following should be true:
- You have registered with the DEOS and been assigned an Employer Identification Number.
- You have received a letter via USPS with login credentials to the ESSP website.
- For Full Service and Assisted Payroll customers only: You have a copy of your state POA (Power of Attorney).
To Register Your Account
- Go to https://essp.does.dc.gov/.
- Select Employer.
- Select Click here to setup the account.
Enter the Employer Account Number and temporary password received from the state on the notification letter.
- Once the you are registered for ESSP account, you will be directed to create a unique username and password.
- Select and enter the security questions and answers.
Assign TPA Roles
Assign Intuit Third Party Agent Roles
In order for Intuit to pay and file on behalf of your company you must assign us Third Party Agent (TPA) Roles in your DOES ESSP account. Please follow the below steps to do so. Note: You must have already completed the above steps to register for an account. You also need a completed and signed copy of the DC POA (Power of Attorney) Form OUCTAX-1 saved to your computer to upload to the state website during the steps below.
- Copy and paste the following into the address bar of your internet browser: https://essp.does.dc.gov/DOES%20ESSP%20Employer%20Landing%20Page.html
- Click Login to your account.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Click Account Maintenance, on the left side panel.
- Click Agent Assignment.
- Click Add Agent
- Enter Intuit's Agent Account Number:
- Intuit Full Service Payroll and QuickBooks Full Service Payroll customers enter DC7X6W. Note, our name will appear as PayCycle, Inc.
- Assisted Payroll customers enter DC4j6B. Note, our name will appear as Computing Resources, Inc.
- Click Search.
- Click Select a POA to select and upload a completed and signed copy of the DC POA (Power of Attorney) Form OUCTAX-1 document that establishes your relationship with Intuit.
- Select the checkboxes next to the following Roles:
- Payment Submission
- Wage Submission
- Account Maintenance (view and update)
- Enter the Access Begin Date for each Role. The Begin Date must be the first day of the first quarter Intuit will be reporting for you. (i.e. If you came on service with Intuit in November the begin date will be 10/01/2014, the first day of the 4th quarter.)
- Leave the End Dates empty.
- Click the Previous button at the top of the screen to verify that the Roles have been assigned successfully.
You do not have your letter with login credentials to the DOES ESSP site.
You should have received the password letter from the DOES by 10/15/14 by USPS. If you have not received it or have misplaced it please contact the DOES.
Phone numbers: (202) 698-7550 or (202) 724-7000
Customer Service Hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Friday 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
There is another TPA assigned to my account already.
Is there a video tutorial I can watch on these steps?
Instructions for filling out a blank OUCTAX-1 (POA)