Overview

Authorized users are those individuals who are authorized to access My Account and represent your company when interacting with Intuit. They may also update or modify the information within the account. My Account may have as many authorized users as you wish, allowing you to share your company's account information.

Details

To add an authorized user:

Note: Any of the authorized users can invite a new user to the account.

1. Sign in to My Account. (If you need help signing in, please see My Account: Login help article.)
  2. In the Manage your QuickBooks page, select the product or service you would like to manage.
  3. At the upper right, check if you are opening the correct account.
  4. Scroll down to the Authorized Users section.
  5. Select Invite a User?.
  6. Enter the Contact Info needed: Name, Email and Phone.
  7. At the lower right, select Send Invite.

The person you have just invited will receive an email inviting them to join your account.

To edit an authorized user's information:

To edit a user's email and phone:
Note: You can edit your own information only.

1. Sign in to My Account. (If you need help signing in, please see My Account: Login help article.)
  2. In the Manage your QuickBooks page, select the product or service you would like to manage.
  3. In My Account, scroll down to the Authorized Users section.
  4. Select your name.
  5. Update you Email and Phone.
  6. Select Save and Close.

To edit a user's name:
Note: To protect you from someone trying to modify your contact information without your knowledge or consent, Intuit does not allow a user to edit a contact's name in My Account.

1. Download the Intuit Account Personal Name Change Form.
  2. Complete the form online, then print, sign and date it.
  3. To avoid delays in processing requests, complete the sections highlighted below.
  4. Send the completed form to the Intuit Fax# 877.699.8996 or SBPFCSOperations@intuit.com.
  5. You will receive an email confirmation when your request is completed.

To delete or remove an authorized user:

Note: Only the Primary Contact has the permission to remove a user.

3. At the upper right, check if you are opening the correct account.
  4. Scroll down to the Authorized Users section.
  5. From the list of contacts, select the name of the user you need to delete or remove.
  6. At the bottom of the user's Contact Info, click Remove User.
    • If the user has not taken the action needed in the invitation email, you will see Cancel Invite.
  7. In the confirmation window, select Remove.