QuickBooks Self-Employed is a special version of QuickBooks built especially for freelancers, independent contractors, and service-based entrepreneurs. We make it easy to manage your finances and taxes!
This product is new-ish and a bit different. There are a few things that you can't do with it, such as:
- Import data directly from other QuickBooks products
- Export data to other QuickBooks products
- Sign in with an existing QuickBooks company ID
But there are a lot of things you can do! Here are some tips on how to choose the best QuickBooks version for you:
Why you should use QuickBooks Self-Employed
- You're a sole proprietor (self-employed) and have no employees.
- QuickBooks Self-Employed makes it really, really easy to mark your daily transactions as personal spending or business deductions. (This will make filing your Schedule C a breeze!)
- You can also easily print out your Schedule C and take it to your accountant.
- We’ll calculate your estimated quarterly taxes for you and help get them paid.
- You can create simple invoices quickly.
- We connect to TurboTax to make year-end filing fast and easy.
Why you should use QuickBooks
- You're a business owner (C-corp, S-corp, partnership, or multiperson LLC), not a sole proprietor.
- You have one or more employees.
- You need to create estimates.
- You need to track inventory.
- You need bill pay.
- You need to integrate with other applications like Square or Vend.
- You send more than 10 or so invoices a month.
We hope this is helpful. If you have any more questions, just let us know. Send a message to our support team.