When attempting to transmit payroll (with or without Direct Deposit paychecks) or accessing the Payroll Tax Center or the Payroll Account Maintenance pages, you receive one of the following error messages:
- You have entered an incorrect PIN three times. Please try again later.
- Problem The PIN you entered is not valid. Solution Re-enter your PIN. Your PIN must be between 8 and 12 characters and include at least one letter and one number. Make sure that Caps Lock and Num Lock is turned off and that you enter your PIN carefully. [Message Code 1001]
- Problem: The PIN has been entered incorrectly too many times. For security we've temporarily locked access to the payroll service. Solution Wait 15 minutes and then re-enter your pin. [Message Code 1000]
To resolve this problem:
- If you have forgotten your PIN, fill out a PIN replacement request and fax it to the phone number on the form to receive a new PIN.
- If you are sending payroll and receive an error message that your PIN is invalid, use an alternative PIN.
- If it is possible that you are not entering your PIN correctly, reenter it. Verify that the Caps Lock key is not on.
- You might try typing your PIN in a program like Word or Notepad so you can view the characters you are typing.
- If you enter your PIN 3 times incorrectly, you are locked out of the payroll service for 15 minutes.