If you need to stop the processing of a Direct Deposit paycheck that you sent to Intuit, be aware of the following:
- Once the Direct Deposit has offloaded for ACH processing, Intuit can no longer stop the Direct Deposit.
- Off load time for ACH processing of your Direct Deposit happens at exactly 5:00 p.m. Pacific time, 2 banking days before the paycheck date.
Example: If the date of the check is Friday, you can cancel or stop it any time before 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
Voiding the Direct Deposit paycheck in QuickBooks Desktop and sending that Void to Intuit after offload time will not stop the Direct Deposit from posting to your employee's bank account.
To check the status of the payroll:
- On the top menu bar, choose Employees> My Payroll Service> Acount/Billing Information.
Sign in using your Intuit Account Login.
- Click View Payroll Activity in the direct deposit section.
- Enter your Direct Deposit PIN.
- Look for the payroll transmission with the check that needs to be stopped.
To cancel or void the paycheck:
Note: This must be done before 5:00 p.m. Pacific time, and 2 banking days before the paycheck date.
Your QuickBooks Desktop confirmation report will not show whether you were able to successfully cancel the Direct Deposit. However, in the items to send screen, instead of saying MODIFIED paychecks, it will now say VOIDED paychecks and the total number of the voided checks.
If you need assistance in stopping the Direct Deposit payroll before offload time, please contact us.
- On the top menu bar, choose Employees > Edit/Void Paychecks.
- On the Edit/Void Paychecks screen, change both the Show paychecks through/from dates to the date of the check, and press Tab on your keyboard.
- Click the check in question, and click Void.
- In the pop-up box, enter 'yes' and click Void.
- If you agree, select the checkbox saying you agree to the terms and conditions of voiding the paycheck.
- Repeat the previous steps as necessary to include all checks that need to be voided.
- Once the check(s) have been voided, close the Edit/Void Paychecks window.
- On the top menu bar, click Employees, and click Send Payroll Data.
- Click Send. You will note that there are no direct deposit checks to send. This step is done in order to let QuickBooks Desktop connect with the server to let it know there has been a check modified and will be removed from direct deposit.
- Be sure the paycheck has been voided by looking in your bank register that is used to pay employees. The memo line will show a modification has been made to the check(s). The memo line may say: "voided paycheck Payroll Service Funds Recovered." On the payroll liability check, the memo line may say: "Adjusted for voided paychecks." No confirmation report will be sent for voided paychecks.
If the voided Direct Deposit does not show in the Send Payroll Data window:
Note: The following steps only work if nothing has been edited on the paycheck other than voiding it.
- Go to the voided paycheck in question.
Delete the information in the Memo field.
- Click Save & Close.
- Re-open the paycheck.
- Right-click and select Void Paycheck.
- Click Save & Close.
- The voided paycheck should now show in the Send Payroll Data window.