E-pay is available for certain agencies with QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced. To file a payment electronically, or E-Pay, through QuickBooks Desktop you must have:
Note: You should submit your e-payments on or before the date and time that appears in the Send By column for each payment. See Dates affecting e-payment submission and processing.
To submit your E-Payment:
- In QuickBooks Desktop, go to Employees menu > Payroll Center.
In the Payroll Center, click Pay Liabilities tab.
In the Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities section, select the liability you want to pay.
- Click the View/Pay button.
Review the liability for accuracy and then click the E-Pay button.
If you get the error "The withdraw on date entered is not valid."
- Click OK in the error window.
- In the Liability Payment window, change the Withdraw On date to at least 1 business day in advance from the day you are sending the e-payment.
- Click E-pay, and proceed with the steps below.
- Note: If you want to be debited a day after sending, we suggest you contact IRS instead of using QuickBooks Desktop to process the payment.
In the Agency Login window, enter your login information.
Note: It's very important to enter your login details carefully. If you enter your details incorrectly, your e-payment may either be rejected by the agency or not processed in a timely manner.
If you have recently changed the bank account for your e-payment, use your new PIN.
- Click Submit. A confirmation appears that Intuit has received your request and will submit your e-payment to the correct agency. You may print the confirmation.
- Click Close.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do i get a notification about my submission?
How long will it take to complete my e-payment?
Can I create a custom or unscheduled electronic payment?
No, QuickBooks Desktop does not allow you to create an unscheduled electronic tax payment. You may only create an unscheduled Liability Check to record your payment outside.