Learn how to enroll in e-file with your state tax agency.
Before you can e-file forms or payments with your state, you need to enroll or register. Each state has different requirements and timeframes. We show you how to enroll with your state's agency.
Before you get started
Check that you have the right QuickBook products and more before you e-file.
- An Enhanced Payroll subscription
- A supported version of QuickBooks
- An internet connection
- A recent payroll update
- State enrollment to e-file and e-pay
- The Login Requirements to e-file or e-pay in QuickBooks (you get upon or after enrolling with your State Tax Agency).
Enroll with your state's tax agency
Check our Payroll Tax Compliance page to find out how to enroll with your State Tax Agency and get your Login Requirements.
- Open our Payroll Tax Compliance.
- Select your State. For example, Florida.
- Go to the E-file & Pay tab. This will take you to the list of forms available for e-file/epay in QuickBooks.
- Select the View link next to a form. And read the Form Details.
- Follow the Filing Enrollment Instructions and Payment Enrollment Instructions in our Payroll Tax Compliance page.
- Obtain the Login Requirements. Most of the time, you obtain your Login Requirements during or after your enrollment with your State Tax Agency.
As soon as you are enrolled and you have obtained the login requirements, you can start e-filing and e-paying in QuickBooks.