This article will provide you the instructions on how to conveniently file your 940, 941 or 944 Tax Forms electronically to IRS (Internal Revenue System) in QuickBooks Desktop.
To e-file your 940, 941, or 944 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop, you need:
- An active QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced subscription.
- A supported version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- An internet connection.
- The most recent payroll update.
- To change the filing method of the Federal forms to E-file.
- You are enrolled to the IRS e-File Program.
- The 10-digit PIN you obtained after enrolling to the IRS e-File Program.
To e-file Federal Forms 940, 941, and 944 in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Go to Employees > Payroll Tax Forms & W-2s > Process Payroll Forms.
- In the Payroll Center, go to File Forms tab.
- Select the form you need to file from the list.
- Click File Form.
- Select the form filing period and click OK.
- Review the forms and click Check For Errors. If needed, correct any errors.
- Click Submit Form button.
- Click E-File button and follow the on screen instructions to submit the form.
Note: Within 24-48 hours, you should check the status of the form you submitted.