If you change the accounting software you export to, you can continue to export checks, but the job costing information you enter in your Payroll product will not be included in the exported checks.
- On the Employees section, click Job Costing Preferences.
- Click Turn job costing on/off.
- Click No on Do you want your Payroll product to help you track job costs in QuickBooks Desktop and click OK.
- On the Setup menu, go to Payroll and Services > Export Preferences.
- Select the appropriate accounting software from the Your Accounting Software drop down menu.
- Click OK.