How can a QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted customer print a replacement copy of employee W-2 forms from the Payroll Tax Center (PTC) and provide a link to the W-2 filing instructions to meet the IRS requirements.
The IRS requires that a reissued W-2 form be provided to an employee and include the following:
- The words "REISSUED STATEMENT"
- Copies B, C, and 2
- A copy of the W-2 filing instructions
To print a replacement employee W-2 form:
- Go to the Payroll Tax Center (PTC) from your QuickBooks file:
- Choose Employees > Payroll Center.
- Click the File Forms tab.
- Click View/Print forms & W-2s.
- Enter Payroll PIN. Click OK.
Forms are available to view or print approximately 35 days after the end of the quarter. See the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted Quick Tax Guide for more information. See How to view or print filed tax copies in Payroll Tax Center for more information about the Payroll Tax Center (PTC).
- Go to the W-2 page. If you do not see a list of employees, click View/Print W-2 forms for all years.
- Click the employee's name to open the W-2 form you want to print. (If the W-2 does not open, hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys while clicking the employee W-2.)
- If prompted, select View Reprints. (This adds the REISSUED STATEMENT watermark to the W-2.) Click Continue. (If you are not prompted, the REISSUED STATEMENT watermark automatically appears on the W-2 form).
- When Adobe Reader opens the W-2 form, print it on the correct perforated paper.