How to print, save, and email W-2 forms with Adobe Reader. W-2 forms for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted customers are available in the Payroll Tax Center on January 10th.
Note: The W-2 forms in the Payroll Tax Center are in PDF format. You must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer to print, save, and email them.
To print, save, and email W-2 forms:
Go to the Payroll Tax Center (PTC).
- Choose Employees > Payroll Center.
- Click the File Forms tab.
- Click View/Print Forms & W-2s.
- Enter Payroll PIN. Click OK.
- Click the View Employee W-2 forms for all years link in the box on the right.
- Click on the name of the employee for the W-2 you want to print and follow the Adobe instructions to open the form in Adobe Reader.
- To print W-2 forms, choose File > Print.
- To save the W-2 to your computer, choose File > Save a Copy and select a location on your computer. Click Save.
To email the W-2, do one of the following:
- Choose File > Send > Page by Email.
- Add it as an attachment to your email.