QuickBooks Self-Employed lets you securely add your direct deposit info so your clients, using QuickBooks Online, can pay you by direct deposit.

How it works

You will receive an invitation from your client via email. This email will prompt you to set up your free QuickBooks Self-Employed account, where you will complete your W9 form. Next, you will set up your “wallet”, that will allow you to receive direct deposit or ACH from your client. This will be shared with your client’s QuickBooks Online company.

Once the setup is complete, you will see the rest of your QuickBooks Self-Employed account and your client will see your “wallet” in their QuickBooks Online company for future direct deposit or ACH payments.

If you receive future invitations from other QuickBooks Online companies, you need to accept the invitation (using the same email you used for QuickBooks Self-Employed), then your wallet will be shared with that company.

What if I need to change my bank information?

You can update the bank account where you receive direct deposit or ACH payments anytime. Once updated, any of your clients' QuickBooks Online companies will be updated. To update your bank account, select the gear icon at the top, then Payment Settings.

Can I access other features in QuickBooks Self-Employed?

When you accept an invitation from your client, your free QuickBooks Self-Employed contractor account only allows you to manage your "wallet" and view your W-9. QuickBooks Self-Employed has a lot of other features, including mileage tracking, invoicing, filing taxes and other features that you can learn more about here.

To enable all features, you can upgrade to the full standalone QuickBooks Self-Employed or QuickBooks Self-Employed + TurboTax Bundle monthly from the following pages in the product:

• The gear icon
  • The Home page on a prompt tile
  • The header at the top of the page
  • On the Tax Forms page