Learn how to add an authorized contact to your Merchant Services account.
You can often rely on a third party bookkeeping to handle the transactions on your account. Adding them as an authorized contact on your Merchant Services account allows them to communicate directly with Intuit Payment Solutions.
|Note: Depending on your account and product, you can add and manage QuickBooks users and accessibility. In the Merchant Service Center, you can invite and assign roles, see Add a user to QuickBooks Payments account for more details.|
Add an authorized contact
To add an authorized contact (e.g. your 3rd party bookkeeper), follow below steps.
- Write a letter (ideally on company letterhead) with the following information:
- Full name of the person you want to add as an authorized contact.
- Your 16-digit Merchant Account number.
- Signature of the current Authorized Principal on the merchant account. Note that a current contact cannot add/request to add an additional contact.
- Copy of the Principal's Valid Driver's License.
Example: "Please add Jane Doe as an authorized contact to Merchant Account number 0000000000000000".
- Send the letter to Intuit Payment Solutions by one of two methods:
- Fax the letter to 818-301-2158 ATTN: Account Set-up & Maintenance.
- E-mail a scanned copy of the letter with signature to IMSOasisQuality@intuit.com.