You can have multiple payrolls in one company file; these can be of different frequencies. For example, you may have two monthly payrolls and one weekly payroll, all in the same company file.
To create a new payroll:
1. Click the plus sign at the top right hand side of QuickBooks > Employees > New Payroll.
2. Select a Payroll Name; this is how the payroll will be labelled in PaySuite.
3. The Payroll Identifier is automatically generated; however you can change this if required.
4. If you would like to email payslips to your employees please leave the box ticked for 'Email Payslips Enabled'
5. Select the Pay Frequency; this cannot be changed once you have saved the form.
Once you select a payment frequency you will be prompted with:
1. Pay Frequency
2. First Pay Date, the day you physically pay your employees
3. First Tax Period will automatically populate and it is determined by your first pay date
4. First Pay Period End Date, the last you want to pay your employees up to.
e.g I run a monthly payroll and I pay on the last working day of the month, my pay period end date would be April 30th.
5. Select Normal Pay Day.