There are two versions of payroll for QuickBooks Online UK. This article is for PaySuite.
If you have QuickBooks Online Payroll, view this article.
How do I know which version I have?
PaySuite customers have 'Powered by PaySuite' on the Employees page. See screenshot below.
If you don't have PaySuite on your Employees page, view this article.
A payslip is generated for each employee every time you run payroll. You must give your employees a payslip on or before their pay date. Payslips must show the employees’ earnings before and after deductions, taxes and other contributions.
You can decide whether you want to print the payslip and mail or hand a printed copy to your employees or email their payslip to them.
View and print payslips
You can view all the payslips after you run payroll, or you can view all the payslips for any employee at a later time. You can print the payslips to hand to your employees or email them after you run payroll, as long as you hand it to them on or before the date you pay them.
To view and print all payslips from a payroll run
- Approve the payrun, you can print from the Employees> Payslip or Reports>Payslip report
- Select the payslip you wish to print
- Select the Print icon.
- Choose your print settings, then select Print.
- Email payslips to employees
Now that you’ve already run payroll, you can email the payslips to the employees you’ve paid. You can email the payslips to all the employees you paid right after you run payroll. Payslips should be emailed to your employees on or before the date you pay them.
For security reasons, payslips emailed from QuickBooks Online are encrypted and password-protected. Make sure to provide employees with the password so that they can view their payslip. Provide the password in a separate email or communicate it in some other way. See Payslip passwords for how payslip passwords are formatted.
To email the payslip after a payroll run
- Approve the payrun,
- On the Approve & Advance screen ,select Email payslips to send payslips to all the employees you paid, or select only the employees you want to send payslips to and then select Send payslips.
If an employee’s email is not listed, then go to the employee’s profile and add the email where you want to send payslips.
You can safely send payslips to your employees via email. For security reasons, payslips are password-protected when emailed. Make sure you let your employees know that they will need to enter their unique password to open the document. The password is eight characters, and made up of the following.
- First 4 letters of the employee’s surname (lowercase)
- First 4 characters of the NI number (lowercase). If the NI number is not there, then the employee’s birth year is used instead.
Example: If the employee’s last name is Smith and her NI number is AB234455C , then her password would be smitab23 .