Learn how to use the Client Dashboard to manage your clients.
The Client Dashboard helps you work efficiently by showing you which clients need your attention. You can see items for review, upcoming payroll due dates, online banking status, and more all at a single glance. We'll walk you through the primary areas of the dashboard.
The Client Dashboard by default lists all of your clients and displays status information for each. You can use the Search field to locate a specific client.
You can change the display view by selecting a product from the drop-down list to view only the clients who use that product. Columns track the status of each client in relation to general areas such as Bookkeeping, Payroll, and Tax.
The qb icon
When you hover your mouse over the qb icon, which shows up in the Bookkeeping and Payroll columns, you'll get key information.
- Bookkeeping: Hover your mouse over the qb icon in the Bookkeeping Status column to see the QuickBooks subscription type, who last signed in and when, and whether the company is active or canceled
- Payroll: Hover your mouse over the qb icon in the Payroll Status column to see the type of payroll subscription, its status, and the last pay date
You can also select the qb icon to open that client's books.
The Bookkeeping section provides columns that let you track the following:
- Status: Displays general information about the client's company, including whether the books are closed and as of what date.
- For Review: Identifies items that need attention, such as changes to reconciled data and unaccepted online banking transactions.
- Banking: Shows the status of the client's online banking downloads.
You can hover your mouse over the qb icon in the Status column to review subscription and sign-in information, or select the icon to view your client's books.
You can open the Client Detail page and review the Account Watchlist, showing the balance and last reconciliation date of each account with open transactions.
The Payroll section lets you track the following:
- Payroll status: Shows general information about the client's payroll. This includes next pay date and whether any employees are blocked from payroll.
- Items Due: Identifies how many taxes and forms are due and when the earliest due date is.
You can hover your mouse over the qb icon in the Status column to review the type of payroll subscription the client has, its status, and the last pay date.
You can open the Client Detail page and review Recent tax payments and form filings for more details about the most recent tax payments and forms filed.
Trial Balance column
The Trial Balance column displays the status of each client's trial balance review.
The Tax section displays the status of each client's tax return and enables you to open an existing tax return form.