You receive error 15222 when you download a Payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update, which is often caused by:
- Antispyware, antiadware, antimalware see the QuickBooks Desktop update as a threat.
Note: This error is not typically associated with antivirus software, but it can be if it is coupled with antispyware, and so on.
- The Internet Explorer function to register digital signatures no longer works.
- Your default browser is not set to Internet Explorer.
You will be able to download payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates.
You have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription.
Note: Below is a list of fixes for this error. You may not need to follow all of them to resolve the issue. We recommend downloading the latest tax table again after every few steps.
If you have antispyware, antiadware, antimalware or antivirus software:
Update these programs to allow the following exceptions:
- qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe processes
- QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com and Payroll.com domains
Install a digital signature certificate:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop. (If QuickBooks is open, you will not see the Digital Signature tab.)
- Do a Windows Search for QBW32.exe, which is located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Right-click QBW32.exe, and select Properties.
- Click the Digital Signature tab, and ensure Intuit, Inc. is selected in the signature list.
- Click Details.
- In the Digital Signature Details window, click View Certificate.
- In the Certificate window, click Install Certificate.
- Clicking Next until Finish is displayed. Then click Finish.
- Restart the computer.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Download the update again.
Verify your Internet connection settings.