Learn how to publish and manage your Find-a-ProAdvisor profile.
As a ProAdvisor, you can customize and publish a profile on the Find-a-ProAdvisor website.
You can use your Find-a-ProAdvisor to market yourself to small businesses, and your Find-a-ProAdvisor is included in search engine results to increase the pool of prospective clients your profile reaches.
To publish your profile, you must have either passed the QuickBooks Online certification exam within the past 366 days, or have passed one of the three most recent versions of the QuickBooks Desktop certification.
Publish your profile
To publish your profile from QuickBooks Online Accountant:
Select the Profile icon on the Toolbar.
- On the Profile page, review your profile and enter any missing information to include. You must enter a real address for your profile to appear on the Find-a-ProAdvisor site.
- Select the Pencil (edit) icon next to any of the sections to add information about your practice, the services you provide or the industries you serve, any special skills or certification you have, and your social media sites, then select Save in each section.
- Select Preview your public profile to review how your profile looks to prospective clients.
- Turn on the Include in search results option.
It can take up to an hour for your profile to appear on the Find-a-ProAdvisor website after you publish it.
To view these steps:
Edit your profile
The Profile page organizes your profile information into different sections. You can update the different sections in your profile, such as Years in Business, Services, Industries served, Languages, or Social sites, to add or change existing information.
Select the Pencil (edit) icon for a section to open the fields for editing.
- Add or change the information in the section.
Repeat these steps for each section to edit.
You can select Preview your public profile to review the how the changes you've made to your profile appear to prospective clients.
If your profile is set to Include in search results, your changes appear on the Find-a-ProAdvisor website automatically. It may take up to an hour for the changes to appear.
To view these steps:
Improve your profile
At the top of the page, the Profile strength meter shows how complete your profile is. You can use the meter and other tools to improve your profile to make it more complete and attractive to prospective clients:
- Monitor the Profile meter to gauge the strength and completeness of your profile
- Implement the suggestions in the Improve your profile panel to complete and refine your profile
- Keep an eye on the Leads and Inquiries tracker in the Performance panel to get a sense of how much interest prospective clients are showing in your profile, and track the number of times a prospective client views your phone number, visits your website, or sends you an email
If you're a new ProAdvisor and would like to improve your Profile, review these 5 tips to maximize your new Find-a-ProAdvisor profile.
About the ProAdvisor profile limitation
ProAdvisors are limited to a single published profile as outlined in the ProAdvisor Terms of Service .
If you feel someone is violating that limitation, contact Intuit Customer Care with the following:
- The name of the ProAdvisor
- The zip code of each city in which the profiles are published
- The URL of the public ProAdvisor Profile