This article describes the steps necessary for each employee when setting them up to use direct deposit for their paychecks.
First, you need to get the employee's authorization and gather the employee's bank information. Then, you'll enter the information you gathered to set up the employee for direct deposit.
Gathering the employee's bank information and getting authorization
First, print an Authorization form for Direct Deposit form for each employee to sign. Keep the form for your records.
To access the form from Intuit Online Payroll:
- Do one of the following:
- In Intuit Online Payroll or Intuit Full Service Payroll, select Taxes & Forms > Employee Setup (or Employee and Contractor Setup, depending on what you see).
- In QuickBooks Online Payroll or QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service, select Taxes > Payroll Tax. Then, under Forms, select Employee Setup.
- Select Bank Verification under Authorization for Direct Deposit.
- Select View, and then print a copy of the form for each employee.
Ask each employee to fill out, sign, and date the form. Have each employee attach a voided check to the form so you can get the necessary bank account information.
If an employee wants to deposit their pay into two separate bank accounts, ask them to attach a voided check for each account.
Important: Don't send this form to us — it's for your records only. Keep the signed authorization form with each employee's record.
Entering the employee's bank account information
In Intuit Online Payroll or Intuit Full Service Payroll:
- Select the Employees tab.
- On the Employees (or Employees and Contractors) Overview page, select the pay method next to the employee.
- On the employee's Bank Information page, choose how the employee wants to receive their pay.
- Enter the routing and account numbers from the employee's voided check or checks, then select OK.
- On the Verify employee's Bank Information page, select Edit to make any corrections.
- Select Agree to let us know you've received your employee's authorization to deposit their paychecks to the account shown.
In QuickBooks Online Payroll or QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service:
- Select Workers from the left menu > Employees.
- Select the employee's name, and then select Edit Employee.
- Select the pencil icon under How do you want to pay this employee?.
- Select the way the employee wants to receive their pay (direct deposit).
- Enter the routing and account numbers from the employee's voided check or checks.
- To split the payment between two accounts or methods, enter the amount to deposit in the first account each pay period. The remainder will be deposited into the second account, or paid by check.
- Select OK.