Legal and professional services include fees paid for short-term professional advice (including lawyers and accountants) regarding specific deals, sales transactions, or yearly taxes.
Heads up: If you consulted an accountant or lawyer for both personal and business advice, ask for a bill that separates the fees, so you can appropriately deduct the expenses.
- Professional association membership fees
- Organization dues (including state bar dues)
- Legal fees for business matters
- Accountant fees
- Short-term consulting fees
- One-time management consultation fees
- One-time marketing consultation fees
- One-time engineering consultation fees
- One-time technical consultation fees
- Fees paid for Web site analysis
- Other outside consulting fees for short-term advice on specific deals
- One-time logo and web design fees
- Fees paid to talent agents and business and personal managers who are not paid as employees