When you try to set up Online Banking, you cannot find your bank's name in the Financial Institution (FI) list for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. This may happen if your FI Directory file (FIDir.txt) is outdated and needs to be refreshed.
For best results, perform the solutions in the order shown.
Solution 1: Refresh the Financial Institution List
- Close and re-open QuickBooks.
- Re-set up Online Banking.
Solution 2: Verify your banking information
- Use the search field of the Online Banking Assistant.
- Be sure to look for the formal name of the bank. For example, the formal name of WaMu is Washington Mutual.
- Check for typographical errors in the name you entered.
- Make sure your financial institution supports Online Banking for QuickBooks.
- Check if you have the most recent version of QuickBooks. To check, go to the QuickBooks menu then Check for QuickBooks Updates.
Solution 3: Force a new FIDir.txt file to load
Note: Make sure that you have tried Solution 1 before proceeding.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open the User\Library\Application Support\QuickBooks\Downloads folder. Keep it open and in view.
- Drag FIDir.txt and FI.Blueprint.xml to the Trash to delete them. Empty the Trash.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Observe the Downloads folder. Note that Patcher should appear then disappear. The FIDir.txt and FI.Blueprint.xml should also appear.