You can now assign default sales tax codes to your customers in QuickBooks Online.
Set a default sales tax code for a customer
- Select Sales from the left menu.
- Select Customers at the top.
- Select the customer's name.
- Select Edit at the top.
- Go to the Tax info tab in the Customer information screen.
- Select a Default tax code from the drop-down menu.
- Select Save.
- Adding a default sales tax code to a customer will not affect any previous transactions.
- You'll now see a new Sales Tax column on the Customer screen.
- When creating an invoice, the default sales tax code assigned to the customer selected will override any default sales tax codes assigned to your products/services.
- The updated Sales Tax code will be updated on the Customer dashboard for easy reference and filter.