QuickBooks Online customers in the US, Australia, and Canada will see the new invoice emails by the end of July. Customers in Singapore, South Africa, Malaysia and UAE will see the change by the beginning of September. Customers in all other regions will see the new invoice emails by the end October. We're updating the invoice emails so that you can:
- Better highlight your brand as a small business and customize your emails - You can now choose your accent color and highlight your logo. Preferences you've set for your invoice template now carry over to your invoice email.
- Look good on mobile devices - The new invoice email is responsive to any screen size, so your users don't have to "pinch and zoom". Your customers can now easily view and pay your invoices wherever they are.
- Get paid faster - Allow your customers to easily and quickly review their invoices right in their email, rather than needing to click and load the invoice on a separate webpage, or open an attachment.
Your preferences automatically apply to both invoices and emails
- Select the Gear icon at the top, then Custom Form Styles.
- To change the design on an existing template, select Edit. Or, to start a new style, select New style on the upper right, and then select Invoice.
Note: Changes made on the Design and Content tabs will apply to both the invoice and the invoice email. e.g. color, turning on/off business name.
- From the Design tab, select Try other colors.
- Select the desired color and save your changes.
Note: You will be able to see your new color applied to your email in your Send email preview when you send your next invoice.
Preview your new invoice email in the Send email preview
- There is no change to the PDF file of your invoice. After you are done creating your invoice, select Print or Preview at the bottom of the page to print or save a version of the PDF.
- When you’re done, select Save and Send to view, verify, and send your invoice email.
Old invoice email:
New invoice email: