As of June 18, 2018, you will need to set up bank feeds for Capital One account again.
Capital One Bank had discontinued Direct Connect service in December, 2017 and has made some modifications to the replacement Express Web Connect, effective June 18, 2018. You need to have the latest QuickBooks patch and updated Bank Feeds settings to ensure continued use of Express Web Connect, will need to set up the bank feed again after June 17, 2018 to keep importing your transactions to QuickBooks.
What this means:
- Express Web Connect service has replaced Direct Connect and is available in QuickBooks 2016 and later.
NOTE: The service is NOT be available in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Direct Connect and all online banking services features such as Manage Bill Pay or Transfers are NO longer be supported in QuickBooks 2016 and later.
- If you try to use the Direct Connect features with the Capital One account after December 19, 2017 you will get one of the following messages:
This feature is no longer supported
If you are on the latest release, you will get the error "This feature is no longer supported."
Connectivity for this financial institution has been disabled
If you are NOT on the latest version and release yet, you may get, "Connectivity for this financial institution has been disabled."
What you need to do:
To ensure uninterrupted service:
- QuickBooks 2016 and later users have to download and install the latest patch from the QuickBooks Download & Updates website.
- All users must switch from the discontinued Direct Connect, or interim Express Web Connect, to the newly offered Express Web Connect by following these steps.
Step 1: Prepare to switch to the latest Express Web Connect
- Back up the QuickBooks company file.
- Make sure you are in the latest release for your version of QuickBooks.
- Ensure you are in Single User Mode (File > Switch to Single-user Mode)
- Make sure you are signed in to your QuickBooks My Company.
- From the Company menu, click My Company.
- In the My Company window, click Sign in.
- Enter your Intuit User Name and password.
NOTE: If you do not have an Intuit account yet or if you do not remember setting up one, refer to Manage your Intuit Account online for guidance.
- If you’ve used online banking services such as bill payment, delete pending online payments or checks.
- Add and match previously downloaded transactions. For detailed steps, refer to Add and match Bank Feed transactions.
Step 2: Deactivate Bank Feeds for the account
- From the Lists menu, select Chart of Accounts.
- Right click the account that needs to be deactivated then click Edit Account.
- Go to the Bank Feed Settings tab.
- Click Deactivate All Online Services.
- Click OK when you get a confirmation that you have just disabled one or more online services for the account but it does not cancel the services with the bank.
- Click Save & Close.
Step 3: Set up account for Bank Feeds
- From the QuickBooks Banking menu, choose Bank Feeds > Setup Bank Feed for an Account.
- In the Enter your Bank’s name field, type in Capital One Bank - New. Note that as you type, QuickBooks displays names that match what you've typed so far.
- If you are presented with a message indicating to please login from My Company sign in, please ensure that you have completed step 1d before starting this step.
- Enter your Online Banking ID and Password then click Connect. QuickBooks will connect to the bank’s server.
- Select the account(s) you want to connect to QuickBooks and click Connect.
- Click Close after the 'Success!' screen opens. Your account has been successfully added to QuickBooks.
Step 4: Download transactions via Express Web Connect
- From the QuickBooks Banking menu, click Bank Feeds > Bank Feeds Center.
- From the Bank Accounts list, choose the account you need to download for.
- Click the Download Transactions button if you are ready to receive transactions.
- Once the transactions have completed downloading, click Transaction List to process the transactions as normal.
Error Messages that you might see
While setting up and using Express Web Connect for Capital One, you may encounter the following errors:
- Error 198 - You're signed in with a different Intuit ID than the one used to set up this account.
- Error 324 - QuickBooks doesn't have permission to download account data.
- Error 350 - Your access to this feed is deactivated. You have either removed access to this account via your bank or using this account with another QuickBooks company file.