Crash: Com error can be resolved by using one or more of the following solutions.
Crash: Com Error
Please perform these solutions in the order listed and re-try the process that prompted the error after each of them. If error still occurs, go to the next recommended solution.
Solution 1: Set up Outlook as default mail app
- Go to Control Panel > Default Programs > Set your default programs.
- From the Programs list, select MS Outlook then select Set this program as default.
- Select OK.
Solution 2: Add an email account to Microsoft Outlook
- In MS Outlook, select the File menu.
- Select Add Account to start setup.
- Enter the email address you want to add and select Connect.
- Wait for Outlook to automatically detect the right server settings then select Connect.
- Enter the password you use for the email address then select OK.
- Select OK to complete setup.
Important: If QuickBooks Desktop is not able to detect Outlook, (to check this, go to Edit > Preferences > Send Forms > My Preferences tab to see if you have the option to select Outlook) you may need to restart the computer and repair QuickBooks. You may also need to create a new Windows user profile. If the new Windows profile does not detect Outlook in QuickBooks preferences, repair QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Toggle mail settings
- Go to Control panel > Mail.
- Choose Microsoft Outlook.
- In the Mail Setup window, select Show Profile.
Note: Steps 2 and 3 may be omitted if Outlook is already set as default mail program.
- If always use this profile radio button is already selected, choose prompt for a profile to be used then select Apply.
- Toggle the selection back to always use this profile and Apply.
- Select OK.
Solution 4: Create a new Outlook email Profile
- Close Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the Control Panel > Mail.
- Select Show Profiles...
- Click Add...
- Type the name for the profile under Profile Name and click OK.
- Add an email account to use in your profile by following the directions on the screen.
- Under Always use this profile select the drop-down, choose the newly created profile, click Apply then OK.
Solution 5: Repair Office and run Windows update
Refer to these Microsoft articles for detailed steps
Important: Intuit does not support Microsoft applications and is not responsible for running these tools. If you are uncomfortable performing these tasks, we recommend having an IT professional you have confidence in to do this for you. Some potential risks are:
- Windows and or MS Office errors
- Loss of MS Office license # and unable to reinstall
Solution 6: Run QuickBooks in compatibility mode
- Right click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop then select Run QuickBooks in compatibility mode.
- Select Compatibility and from the Compatibility mode section, check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- From the drop-down, select Windows 7.
- From the Privilege Level section, put a check on Run this program as an administrator.
- Select Apply and OK.