When trying to create paycheques using scheduled or unscheduled payroll in QuickBooks Desktop, you may experience latency or freezing.
What you can try now:
- Close your company file.
- Open a sample file within QuickBooks
- From the No Company Open window, select Open a sample file
- Select a sample company file
- Click Ok to the warning You're opening a QuickBooks Desktop sample company file.
- In the sample company file, go to the Employees menu > Pay Employees > Scheduled Payroll
- Click Start Scheduled Payroll.
- Click Continue.
- Select one of the employees listed and click Continue.
- Click Ok to the warning message.
- Click Create Pay Cheques.
- Click Yes to the Past Transactions message.
- Click Close
We are actively looking for customers to join us in a troubleshooting session with our engineers. If the issue persists after trying the workaround above, please contact us at 1-877-772-9158 to schedule a session. We appreciate your patience as we continue to research root cause and test a possible fix. Continue to check this article for updates regarding this issue. We intend to have more information to share by August 23, 2018.
August 23, 2018